Monday 21 May 2012

Evolved

Röyksopp are from Norway.  I love Norway.  Well I have never actually been there, but if the opportunity can up I'd move there for ever after. I'm a bit impulsive like that, especially about moving countries. I've always had a thing for Norway, but what really made me love Norway in a concrete way was the reaction that followed the horrific attack last July by Anders Behring Breivik.  He was hoping that his violence would result in a crack down on immigration and a sharp turn to the right.  BUT the reaction of the prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was that what Norway needed was "more democracy, more openness, but not naivety".  It seemed his people were behind him on this.  This was in such stark contrast to the reaction in the US following the 2011 terrorist attack there, and the (for me) sickening street celebrations that broke out all over the US after the announcement of Bin Laden's death.  I wish I was Norwegian.   I wish we were all Norwegian.


OK so back to the music. This track Vision One by Röyksopp features Norwegian singer Anneli Drecker.  I just love the squeaky sound in this song. It tickles!  The BPM is 92, so a bit fast, but still works for a 180 SPM run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment