Monday 4 June 2012

Hip Freak

If you want to listen to all the recommendations from last month, check out this playlist on Spotify. Also I just noticed that Epitonic have put up the AlunaGeorge's track, that I recommend in the post My Every Move.  Click here to start the free and legal download.

So today's recommendation is for a piece by Zoë Keating called Exurgency.

Zoë is a cellist, that uses electronic sampling to make a sort of experimental music, that sounds classical but also with some structures you'd expect in electronic dance music. I am a total sucker for anything with a cello, well except straight up classical music. I discovered her, though being a big fan of Rasputina (who's already appeared on this blog here) and she also played on Amanda Palmer's album Who Killed Amanda Palmer.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amanda Palmer.   So Zoë is one hip cello freak woman!

Exurgency has a BPM  of 91, so good for a 180 SPM run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment